Tuesday, October 9, 2007

What you do every day is a part of the journey to your goals

This is what we talked about yesterday in school. We worked with a model and wrote all the things we did during a normal day. Then we compared how these things took us closer to or goals in life or not. We made goals in our future health, private goals and careers and wrote down where we wanted to be in five years.

And what really hit me was how a normal daily task like walking the dog could take me closer to achieving goals in my career. For example my career goal is to become desired as a project manager and be able to choose fun things to work with. When I walk the dog I get ideas and this is a part of the journey to this goal. The best part of the model is that it “approved” me playing video games, it’s giving me relaxing, and some ideas for my blog.

So look around and discover how thing in your life either leads to you goals, or away from them. Then take action.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did you really have to post this?

.. To be honest i don't want to think of my goals all the time, that would just make me depressed.

Since I spend atleast one third of my time awake moving.. probably away from them...

though I'm sure I'll get there evetually.. where ever it is...