Friday, September 28, 2007

Scientifically proven gossip

A couple of days ago I read an article about gossip. Now it’s scientifically proven why humans need to gossip. In our brainstem we have room for up to 150 people. These people are in one way or another connected to us, almost like a horde. And it’s the gossip that makes us keep these people in right place in our brain, we need gossip to keep remember these peoples position in our horde. Finally a good explanation to why Facebook is so popular.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting! Is that article by any chance available online or was it from a magazine/newspaper?

I curious, would like to read it.

I just fell into your blog by mistake but loving it. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I read the article in a swedish newspaper called DN. I tried to search but couldn't find it. I'll keep looking!

Thank you and hope you will continue to read my blog!