Monday, September 17, 2007

If I were to give you an advice

I would tell you the story about my first internship and the good idea I got when I was looking for it. Instead of turning to a company or a bureau I decided to do my internship with someone who inspired me and who I wanted to learn from. I turned to Fredrik Härén, a creative genius.

So I ended up at interesting.org, which was my first choice. The founders of Interesting.org are Fredrik and Teo Härén, authors of The Ideabook and speakers about creativity and ideas. The brothers have lectured to tens of thousands of people in at least 25 different countries on the subjects of creativity and innovation. Their audience is made up of a wide range of people: from high school students and teachers to nurses and doctors, from advertising agencies to large, multi-national corporations.

I was responsible for the campaign behind their upcoming book. We collected histories about good and bad service as materiel for the book and gave away 100 000 Swedish crowns to the stories that was interesting enough to be published in the book. I was in charge of the making of the campaigns website, publicity and press releases. I managed to get an article in Metro and over all the campaign was a success with a massive flow of histories coming to us.

The brothers also encouraged me to come up with new ideas concerning their company and I finished a few of them on my own.

So sometimes it can be a great idea to look at future jobs outside organizations or business and find them with people who inspires you and makes you do grand things.

No comments: