Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If I were to give you a secret



I would tell you what a lecturer once told me. He runs his own business and said that if he didn’t understand the project he was hired to do, he charged 20 % extra. Because it would be of great importance for the costumer if someone really understood and asked all those stupid questions. So he was hired to be the “idiot” in a project and clarify all the question marks.

Sometimes we need more “idiots” to make things become easier to grasp and understand. This made me think of a quote from Einstein: “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction”.

This is what came to my mind after reading Seth Godin’s blog post Two kinds of 'don't know'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The world needs more idiot's or if the idiots just need to ask more questions. I wonder who is the Albert Einstein of our time? Great post btw.