Monday, January 28, 2008

Working long vs. Working hard



Ever since I read Seth Godin’s book “Small Is the New Big” I’ve been thinking a lot of the difference between working long and working hard. For me working long is just a way to get your pay check. Working hard means you accomplish new things, make brave decisions and take steps forward instead of standing on the same spot. Every day I keep thinking of this and try to work hard as much as possible. I tend to valuate my day on the way home to find out what’s been long work and what’s been hard work.

Is this an obsession?

4 comments:

frozentoy said...

5 minutes of really hard work can give you 4 minutes extra of highleverage idea time, but then you have to work even harder to produce that new brilliant idea.

Meaning - spend more time with family and friends and eat more icecream.

Unknown said...

most of the time I work long.. not hard.. though working long, is boring and makes the day even longer.. working hard on the other hand is fun, and the day swishes by before you've noticed it.

I wish I could work hard everyday.

Anonymous said...

I work hard and long.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.